Parent Visa

For parent visa the applicant must meet balance of family test (50% or more children as permanent resident/ citizen of Australia or eligible New Zealand citizen or resident).

Contributory parent (Temporary) visa an offshore application: subclass 173

This visa allows eligible parents below the age of 65 years to live temporarily Initially for 2 years if sponsored by settled Australian citizen, permanent residents or eligible New Zealand citizen. The applicant must be sponsored by their child, must meet the balance of family test. If you are granted this visa and want to stay permanently in Australia, you can apply for Contributory parent visa subclass 143 within 2 years.  The contribution money can (keeps on increasing as per price index) be deposited in two instalments, first just before the finalisation of subclass 173 visa as requested by the department and second instalment within two years of grant of temporary visa for grant of  143 permanent visa.

Contributory parent visa: Offshore subclass 143

This visa allows parents of a settled Australian citizen, permanent residence or eligible New Zealand citizen live permanently in Australia.

You might be eligible for this category visa if your child sponsored you, you meet the balance of family test requirements, obtain an Assurance of Support and must meet health and character requirements.

Aged Parent visa: Offshore subclass 103 and onshore subclass 804

This visa is for parents above 65 years age of a settled Australian citizen, permanent residence or eligible New Zealand who wants to stay indefinitely in Australia. This visa is a permanent visa but there can be a longer waiting period of up to 30 years.

To get this visa parents must satisfy the eligibility criteria. At least half of the children of eligible parent must live in Australia. Child must sponsor parents. This visa can be applied onshore or offshore.

Google Rating
Based on 8 reviews